Enterprise Builders, Inc. is a general contractor / construction management firm specializing in commercial, industrial, and institutional projects ranging in value up to $40,000,000. In operation since 1984, Enterprise Builders has earned a reputation for integrity, service, value and intensity while serving a diverse range of clients throughout Connecticut. We are committed to a team-oriented philosophy and focus on achieving client goals for budget, schedule and program.
Our continued success and best in class reputation has created an opportunity for a Construction Estimator in our organization. We offer a casual work environment and flexible schedule because we understand your personal life is just as important as your professional life. If you are dedicated and ready to work for an organization that cares about you and your future apply today!
What you’ll be focused on each day:
- Deliver quality, service and performance to our customers and partners.
- Engage with architects, engineers and subcontractors during the bidding and budgeting phase of projects.
- Thoroughly review construction documents with an eye towards capturing scope, constructability, engineering, and cost effectiveness.
- Attend and survey project walkthroughs for potential bids.
- Develop bid packages and scopes of work.
- Solicit competitive bids from qualified contractors; analyze and recommend bids based on best value.
- Assemble vetted subcontractor bids into complete, comprehensive 16-division CSI estimates in Timberline format.
- Participate in business development activities, including presentations and interviews to secure projects.
- Organizational and negotiation skills.
- Emphasis in ability to provide strong pre-construction services including:
- Conceptual estimating skills
- Constructability knowledge
- Planning / scheduling capability
- Field construction experience is highly desirable but not required.
- Architectural and/or engineering background a plus.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Solid work ethic with high energy.
- Timberline Estimating, Primavera scheduling and On-Screen Takeoff experience is a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Enterprise Builders, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.